Gyproc Ceiling Specifications
Gyproc False Ceiling Specifications
Saint-Gobain's metal frames are made from high-quality steels with 120 to 150 GSM Zinc coating and high-pressure knurling or serration processes, which makes the metal frames more load-bearing capacity and longer resistance against rust and corrosion.
There are three variants in Saint-Gobain metal frames in India for gypsum plasterboard false ceilings. Those are Gypframe® Xpert, Gypsteel Ultra®, and GypSerra™. The Gypframe® Xpert metal frame is recommended for residential projects, while Gypsteel Ultra® and GypSerra™ are highly recommended for commercial projects where require more strength and load-bearing capacity. The GypSerra metal frames are a serrated pattern with 150 GSM Zinc coating, while Ultra metal frames having 120 GSM Zinc coating and knurling pattern. Refer the following information to know about the Gyproc® plasterboard false ceiling materials specification and the installation procedure of Gyproc® plasterboard false ceilings.
Gypframe Xpert Metal Frames
- Ceiling Angle (25 x 10 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
- Perimeter Channel (17 x 23 x 30 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
- Intermediate Channel (13 x 45 x 13 x 0.7 x 3660 mm)
- Ceiling Section (75 x 23 x 48 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
Gypsteel Ultra Metal Frames
- Ceiling Angle (25 x 10 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
- Perimeter Channel (20 x 28 x 30 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
- Intermediate Channel (15 x 45 x 15 x 0.9 x 3660 mm)
- Ceiling Section (80 x 26 x 51 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
Gyproc® Metal Accessories
- Rawl Plug (8 x 45 mm)
- Soffit Cleat (27 x 37 x 25 x 1.6 mm)
- M6 Bolt Nut (6 x 12 mm)
- Metal to Metal Screw (4.2 x 13 mm)
- Connecting Clip (2.64 mm ⌀)
- Drywall Screw (3.5 x 25 mm)
Advantages: The corrosion resistance coating on Gyproc® metal accessories extends the gypsum plasterboard false ceiling's life up to 3 times..
Gyproc® Ceiling Installation
- Ceiling Angle: To be suspended at max 4' centers using Gyproc® Rawl Plug and Gyproc® Soffit Cleats with Gyproc® M6 Bolt Nut.
- Perimeter Channel: To be fixed to the walls with the water level at a max distance of 1.5'/screw using 35mm long metal wood screws with nylon sleeves.
- Intermediate Channel: To be connected to the Ceiling Angle at max 4' distance using Gyproc® Metal to Metal Screws.
- Ceiling Section: Should be connected underneath of Intermediate Channels in cross direction at max 1.5' distance using Gyproc® Connecting Clip.
- Plasterboard: To be fixed to the Ceiling Sections in the staggered layout using Gyproc® corrosion resistance Drywall Screws.
- Joint Finish: Gyproc recommends applying three to four coats of joint putty in wider than 450 mm on the final coat. But we recommend one or two coats in the same breadth of the tapered edge joints with fiber tape to retain maximum plasterboard surfaces, which help the painters to apply the full surface putty evenly without spoiling the true surface of the plasterboards. And we highly recommend two coats of Asianpaints trucare® interior wall putty with <1 mm layer thick in a cross-directional way for better surface preparation.
Advantages: This installation method extends the gypsum plasterboard's life from sagging and gives undulation-free finish for surfaces.
© 2010-2021 Shaj Interior®. All rights reserved. No.8D, Kuyavar Street, Mannurpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600050
Do not replicate any contents from this website. Copyright infringement is a punishable offence.