Gyproc Ceiling Specifications
Gyproc False Ceiling Specifications
Saint-Gobain's metal frames are made from high-quality steels with 120 to 150 GSM Zinc coating and high-pressure knurling or serration processes, which makes the metal frames more load-bearing capacity and longer resistance against rust and corrosion.There are two popular variants in Saint-Gobain metal frames in India from for gypsum plasterboard false ceilings. The first one is Gypframe® Xpert and Gypsteel Ultra®. The Gypframe® Xpert metal frame is recommended for residential projects, while Gypsteel Ultra recommended for commercial projects where require more strength and load-bearing capacity. Refer the following information to know about the Gyproc® plasterboard false ceiling materials specification and the recommended installation procedure of Gyproc® plasterboard false ceilings.
Gypframe Xpert Metal Frames
- Ceiling Angle (25 x 10 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
- Perimeter Channel (17 x 23 x 30 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
- Intermediate Channel (13 x 45 x 13 x 0.7 x 3660 mm)
- Ceiling Section (75 x 23 x 48 x 0.4 x 3660 mm)
Gypsteel Ultra Metal Frames
- Ceiling Angle (25 x 10 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
- Perimeter Channel (20 x 28 x 30 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
- Intermediate Channel (15 x 45 x 15 x 0.9 x 3660 mm)
- Ceiling Section (80 x 26 x 51 x 0.5 x 3660 mm)
Gyproc® Metal Accessories
- Rawl Plug (8 x 45 mm)
- Soffit Cleat (27 x 37 x 25 x 1.6 mm)
- M6 Bolt Nut (6 x 12 mm)
- Metal to Metal Screw (4.2 x 13 mm)
- Connecting Clip (2.64 mm ⌀)
- Drywall Screw (3.5 x 25 mm)
Gyproc® Ceiling Installation
- Ceiling Angle: To be suspended at max 4' centers using Gyproc® Rawl Plug and Gyproc® Soffit Cleats with Gyproc® M6 Bolt Nut.
- Perimeter Channel: To be fixed to the walls with the water level at a max distance of 1.5'/screw using 35mm long metal wood screws with nylon sleeves.
- Intermediate Channel: To be connected to the Ceiling Angle at max 4' distance using Gyproc® Metal to Metal Screws.
- Ceiling Section: Should be connected underneath of Intermediate Channels in cross direction at max 1.5' distance using Gyproc® Connecting Clip.
- Plasterboard: To be fixed to the Ceiling Sections in the staggered layout using Gyproc® corrosion resistance Drywall Screws.
- Joint Finish: Gyproc recommends applying three to four coats of joint putty in wider than 450 mm on the final coat. But we recommend one or two coats in the same breadth of the tapered edge joints with fiber tape to retain maximum plasterboard surfaces, which help the painters to apply the full surface putty evenly without spoiling the true surface of the plasterboards. And we highly recommend two coats of Asianpaints trucare® interior wall putty with <1 mm layer thick in a cross-directional way for better surface preparation.
© 2010-2020 Shaj Interior™. All rights reserved. No.8D, Kuyavar Street, Mannurpet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600050
Do not replicate any contents from this website. Copyright infringement is a punishable offence.